Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grammy Awards 2009 Fashion

And the 2009 Grammy Fashion Award goes to....Kate Perry.

Old Hollywood and loving it! This choice rocked my world. Why- because of the "big with small" ensembling. Perry's ultra-femi Basil Soda dress played on all my senses. She went larger than life with the oversized bow embellishment and flowy train, but went for small bits of glee in the detailed v-neck line with tasteful bling and waisted jewels. Playful and classic. It worked for her. SO-after her tasteful choice for the Grammy Red Carpet, I became a little intrigued by this mosaic fashionista. Blame it on the gossip celeb magazines who insist on finding the dirt that provided me with this little fun fact. Did you know, "Little Miss. I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It" was formerly a teen gospel singer. Big disconnect. Church/Lesbo. Oddness. I guess she was tired of waiting for her gospel tunes to bring home the bacon.


Speaking of former lives. Carrie Underwood looked great. I can't believe she's a former American Idol contestant. Good for American Idol. Fast forward to 20 lbs. lighter, this girl always looks amazing on the red carpet. She looks effortlessly fresh and fabulous. Her Zuhair Murad dress was a great example of wearing a dress and not having the dress wear you. I swear that dress moved when she told it to. It lay perfectly on her body and swayed when she gave it permission. Super jealous. From the clutch, to the glitz, diamond smile, and glamor-she rocked it.


Lastly, Gwyneth. She's such a rockstar. Her Versace mini-dress taunts, "don't you wish you had my rock star life". So cool and so classic. She has the best of both world's-the Grammy's and the Oscars.


Checking out the detailed extra silver frill at the bottom of her Versace dress. I'm always sweating the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment