Friday, June 26, 2009

Jackson's Fashion

Over the past 20 hours The King of Pop's death was been texted, twittered, facebooked, myspaced, blogged, and translated in 800+ languages over a million times. The spread of this viral message has caused fans and admirers to recall their favorite album, video, song, and dance of the controversial, yet entertaining artist.

I'm not going to sit here and write like I was the biggest Michael Jackson music fan.
I mean, I did know some songs.

But don't get me wrong, over the past couple hours I've found myself getting chills as people blast their fave MJ songs. I even found myself reflecting on the impact Michael made to music and our society.

As we spend the next days, weeks, months, or years remembering the great pop icon, fashionsixthsense ask that you not only "play" tribute to his music, but his staple fashion moments.

Whether you loved it, hated it, or didn't get it, you knew MJ fashion from a sold out concert away. His outrageous fashion statements were universally duplicated and celebrity imitated.

When you think white glove...what smooth criminal have you been hit by?


When you think black fedora....what man in the mirror do you see?



When you think of clothing being sparkled, embellished, and bedazzled...it's not necessarily off the wall?



The man was doing military inspired lapels and jackets long before Balmain and other designer knock-offs.


Another all favorite, red leather with zippers galore.



May his music and fashion live on.

1 comment: